On April 2, 2010, at the Columbia University in New York, the Harriman Institute, Silk Road Treasure Tours and Harriman Association of Students (HAS), along with the Uzbek Initiative Team present: DISCOVER UZBEKISTAN CULTURE: MUSIC, TRADITIONAL CEREMONIES, FOOD and DANCE.
Join the guest speaker’s presentation on Uzbekistan’s culture and:
- Listen to the haunting music and sounds of Uzbekistan;
- Learn about the architectural wonders of the country;
- Experience traditional tea ceremony;
- Taste authentic Uzbek food;
- Touch and feel exquisite, hand-embroidered wedding costumes
Introduction by Rafis Abazov, author of The Culture and Customs of the Central Asian Republics.
This event is FREE and open to the public at the 2nd floor, Broadway Room, Lerner Hall, Columbia University, 2920 Broadway, New York, NY, 10027