The year 2010 was claimed The Year of Convergence of Cultures by UNESCO. We invite you to resume The Year of Convergence of Cultures and Tolerance in Russia at the International Research and Practice Conference which will be held at 16-18th of November 2010 in Kazan. The aim of the Conference is the theoretical understanding of the tendencies of development and the meaning of tolerance in ethnic and religion interaction in the situations of mutual influence and mutual penetration of cultures of Russia in the process of globalization and, particularly, on the example of the Republic of Tatarstan. We are expecting to meet the exchange of positive foreign and Russian experience and of the most effective ideas in formation the issues of tolerance in legal and law enforcement spheres, in education, mass media, culture, sport, and tourism. During the Conference will be worked out recommendation related to reconciliation of conflict demonstrations of intolerance.
At Plenary Session of the Conference expected are the reports of public officials of the Republic of Tatarstan and of Russian Federation, leading Russian and foreign scientists.
At Break-out sessions the following questions are expected to be discussed:
– Tolerance as the Factor of Ethnic and Religion Interaction and Convergence of Cultures in the Age of Globalization: Historic Experience and Contemporary Comprehension;
– Potential of Ideas of Tolerance as the Instrument of the State National Policy and the Near-Border Cooperation;
– Tolerance as Social Fortune of Modern Society: Practices of Interaction and Educational Technologies;
– Tolerance and mutual influence of cultures in tourism, art, sport, and business.
In frames of the Conference will be organized the training on tolerance.
Cultural Program of the Conference:
– Exhibition of photographs of Raisa Safiullina “The World Seen By the Eyes of Woman”
– Electronic films festival
– Excursion to the museum of ethnography of Kazan Federal University, Kazan Kremlin
– Trip to Raifsky monastery.
To the participation in this Conference are invited scientists, post-graduate students, representatives of mass media, public organizations, clergy (different confessions), specialists, and officials of state government bodies.
Organizing Committee of the Conference
The Head of Conveners – Nurgaliev D.K., Vice-Chancellor on the Scientific Activity of Kazan Federal University (KFU), D.Se. in geological and mineralogical sciences, Head of the Geophysics Department
Conveners – Ousmanova L.R., Ph.D. in Sociology (Japan), Assistant Professor of the Department of Sociology, Kazan Federal University;
Titova T.A., D.Se. in History, Professor of the Department of Ethnology; Bolshakov A.G., D.Se in Politics, Professor; Kungurov V., Chairman of the Commission on International Relations and Tolerance Among Young People Of Public Youth Chamber under the State Duma of Federal Council of the Russian Federation; Dzheksybaev S.K., Ph.D. in Technical Sciences, Vice-Chairman of the Council of the Assembly of the Peoples of Tatarstan; Kozlov V.Y., Ph.D in History, Assistant Professor of the Department of Ethnology; Khannanova D.K., Ph.D in Sociology, Assistant Professor of the Department of Sociology.
– Commission on International Relations and Tolerance Among Young People Of Public Youth Chamber under the State Duma of Federal Council of the Russian Federation, Kazan (Pryvolzhsky) Federal University, Institute of Social Project Planning and Globalization Processes Research.
– Information Partner – Agency ‘TatMedia’
The Conference Fee is 500 rubles. The Cultural Program should be paid for separately in the sum of 500 rubles.
Unfortunately, the Organizing Committee has no opportunity to provide financial support to not local participants. Travel and accommodation expenses should be paid by themselves.
For the conference application form, the guidelines for paper summaries, and full details about the conference, contact the organizers.
NOTE: The announced deadline for abstracts was Nov. 10; however, this posting reached Central-Eurasia-L late. Those interested in submitting a proposal should contact the organizers at:
Commission on International Relations and Tolerance Among Young People
Of Public Youth Chamber under the State Duma of Federal Council of the
Kazan (Pryvolzhsky) Federal University
Institute of Social Project Planning and Globalization Processes Research
International Research and Practice Conference
Tolerance as a Factor of Ethnic and Religion Interaction and
Convergence of Cultures in the Age of Globalization
16-18th of November 2010
(16th of November is the International Day for Tolerance)