On August 20, the Palace “Istiqlol” hosted a gala concert dedicated to the awarding ceremony of “Nihol” for talented youth.
Recall that the award, established on the initiative of our Head of State in 2000, is held every two years and aims to identify and support talented youth aged from 17 to 25 years in pop, classical and operatic singing, dancing and instrumental directions.
It should be noted that “Nihol” is one of the most prestigious awards in our country in the field of music and dance. For the past 15 years, the owners of the coveted statuettes became 152 winners and this year their number has increased by 15 more. They were awarded diplomas and special statuette “Nihol”, which depicts two open palms around the twigs with a bud of rose.
The competition for the award “Nihol” according to the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan is organized every two years in three stages, which significantly expand coverage of the participants, especially those living in remote areas.
In the qualifying stages, held in 2014 in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent city, young creative artists were tested by the expert group comprised of specialized experts and musicologists from all regions of the country. The regional qualifying stages in 2014 were attended by over 13 thousand people. In the final about a hundred participants were fighting for statuettes.
Thus, this year’s prizes were awarded to:
In the direction of pop art:
– Shahzodbek Sobirjonov (Andijan region);
– Shiraz Tursinbaev (Republic of Karakalpakstan);
– Bekzod fringe (Namangan region);
– Farangiz Shamsieva (Samarkand region);
– Dilmurod Sultonov (Khorezm region).
In the direction of classic songs:
– Sayod Juraev (Bukhara region);
– Bahodir Syed (Navoi region);
– Alisher Akhmedov (Tashkent).
In the direction of musical performance:
– Shahzod Asatullaev (Kashkadarya region);
– Dostonzhon Mirzokarimov (Syrdarya region).
In opera performance:
– Zarnigorhon Umarov (Tashkent);
– Dildora Mirsodikova (Tashkent);
– Ikboljon Rakhmatov (Ferghana region);
– Aminzoda Zhumaniyozov (Khorezm region).
In the direction of dance:
– Sehriyo Mirzaev (Tashkent).
It should be noted that in addition to the diplomas and a special statuettes “Nihol” award winners have the opportunity to enter to the appropriate direction of the higher education institution without examinations and testing on the basis of a state grant, as well as a cash prize in the amount of 70 minimum wages.